The Danakil Depression – one of the hottest, lowest, most inhospitable places in the world…. and the tour book didn’t lie!! We thought we could share our experience best by making a list of some of the ways we found one could die in that inhospitable place. This list is not exhaustive nor is it in order of most likely to occur.
1. Dehydration (dry river bed)
2. Heat stroke (Afar people harvesting salt)
3. Fall into a volcano (Lava lake on top of the mountain)
4. Getting bucked off a camel (Tina on the camel)
5. Eating Afar food (lunch prepared and eaten in the house with the green roof)
6. Falling off a cliff (en route to rock hewn churches)
7. Trampled by a camel caravan